We require a minimum of 5 years of general contracting estimating experience, preferably in the civil sector. Specifically we’re looking for qualified people with proficiency in the following:
- Manage the development of estimations within the respective functional disciplines.
- Review tender documents to determine scope of work.
- Review and analyze completed project costs vs. bid and appropriately modify estimate library for future bids.
- Develop proposals and successful bid strategies.
- Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentations as requested, including site visit meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Minimum of five years’ experience relating to project estimating.
- Water and wastewater treatment and/or industrial construction experience preferred.
- Engineering Degree, Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent experience relating to estimating.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of estimating methods and techniques.
- Significant knowledge of all project management functions, contract administration, procurement, material control, economics, accounting, labour laws, contract and legal matters.
- Understanding of Trade Scope Definitions and Local Market Conditions
- Understanding of Varied Contractual Terms & Conditions